Time Warp Tuesday: That Day He Proposed

So it was actually 2 years ago YESTERDAY that Peter proposed to me, but the blog entry came out on the 29th. Also, Peter and I are just days away from our 1 year anniversary, so I thought it was appropriate to take a trip back down memory lane.


That morning, I went for a 19 mile run just because....


There wasn't an official marathon planned out, but I thought I would train for one to see if I could handle it.
Everything was going better than expected. I was able to maintain a pace that was perfect for me (10:30) and every few miles, I  would evaluate how my body felt, then how I felt mentally. At mile 5, just a quarter of the way through, I felt amazing. At mile 7, about a third of the way through, I continued to feel strong. I was honestly surprised how great I felt and the miles were flying by! 

At the halfway point, my foot caught a tree root and I took quite a tumble.


Not only did I bust up my knee, but my hand got cut up as well when I tried to catch myself.  Luckily, Peter was able to meet up with me about 2 miles down the trail. I ran at about a 9 minute pace to get to him due to my adrenaline rush. He was able to patch me up, while I took the opportunity to I eat some of my Nature Valley bars and M&Ms. 

I was able to finish the remainder of the run without a problem and that probably had a lot to do with the thought of Chick-Fil-A when coming home.

After stretching, I went into the kitchen, where my lovely boyfriend had Chick-Fil-A for us. Nothing beats waffle fries after a long run. Or this... 


We are planning for a wedding in October 2014 and believe me, everything is already in the works, so prepare yourself for talks of weddings intertwined with running.

If you want to read the full entry, click here!

Since we are also coming up on our 1 year wedding anniversary, we are going to Gatlinburg, TN to celebrate. We have rented a cabin in the Smoky Mountains for the week to relax and enjoy the sites. We've already planned a trip to the local Oktoberfest and a mountain biking adventure. We leave on Saturday and I am super amped! Just a few more days to go!!! :)

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig